Tuesday 11 October 2011

Love Yourself...

Image


My Mum doesn't wear shorts. Never. And although we live in a hot climate and she gets very hot indeed, she won't even consider shorts. Oh, she complains about the heat. But. No shorts for her...

Why?

She hates her legs. Always has. And won't show them to anyone, the 'World' included

What is wrong with her legs? Are they hideously deformed? no. Are they non-functional? No. They work perfectly. They carry her to where she wants to be, they bend, they stretch, they have been known to dance... She thinks they are too skinny and she hates them. With a passion. If she knew I had revealed her secret, she would be quite humiliated. Her legs are just fine. Long, lean and v-e-r-y white, due to the non-exposure aspect. But quite lovely really. Although I didn't inherit them, I can move past this injustice and appreciate that LJ (sister) did and they look just fine on her too...

Why am I telling you this? Why am I revealing her secret? Because as irrational as she sounds, she is not alone.

Many of us are bound by our perceived limitations. Aren't we?

Many of us are very critical of ourselves and impose great restrictions.

But

What if we saw beauty in ourselves? I mean really, we are amazing beings are we not? No two of us are the same. We are unique...

So, let's follow the advice above and love ourselves. Self talk really needs to be positive doesn't it?

Go on, give it a try. Be kind to yourself...




 Ciao for now...



 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, I just love that post and the little poster at the beginning. Wise words indeed. Yes, we should all be kind to ourselves, even though we do have things that we don't like. It's silly really, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be kind to ourselves, indeed. Great advise.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments...

Related Posts with Thumbnails